Sunday, December 5, 2010

Summary C4T#4

 picture of a chalkboard with a quote
My C4T#4 was Mr. Ferlazzo. He is a teacher at Luther Burbank High School in Sacramento, California.  His blog is about teaching for ELL( English Learning Language), ESL (English as a second language, and EFL (English as foreign language). His first blog post I commented on was entitled "The Best Places To Find The Most Popular (and Useful) Resources For Educators- 2010. He chose resources from Popular Children's Books to Most Visited Sites on the Web to Most Popular Flickr Photos. I found this post very interesting and useful. He did the same kind of post for 2009. Here was my response:

Mr. Ferlazzo,

My name is Gaillard Broughton and I am in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at The University of South Alabama. I was assigned to read your blog and leave a comment. I will leave another comment on one of your blog posts in about 2 weeks and then summarize my responses on my blog. Feel free the check it out!


I really enjoyed this blog post. It is very useful. I think it is great that you have put together the resources you find most helpful so other people can benefit. I have explored your blog site some and find it absolutely amazing. You have so many helpful, beneficial and great posts. I am going to add you to my PLN. As a future teacher, I need all the help and advice I can get. Thanks for sharing all this great information!


Like I said before, I will be summarizing my responses to your blog posts on my blog in about 2 weeks, so feel free to check it out!


The second blog post I commented on was entitled "There Are Some Right Ways & Some Wrong Ways To Videotape Teacher- And This Is A Wrong Way".This blog post was about the right and wrong way(s) to videotape teachers. I found it very interesting. This was my response:

Mr. Ferlazzo,
I commented on one of your blog posts about two weeks ago. I will be summarizing this blog post and the previous blog I commented on. Feel free to check it out on my blog. http://broughtonsydneyedm310fall2010.blogspot.com/
I think that having someone who is competent to videotape lessons and then critique them is such a great tool! It can really help with self-evaluation as well when the teacher watches the video. I think that it was so great that you chose to share the video with your class. That seems like such a enlightening and fun experiment.
I really have enjoyed reading your blog and will look forward to reading more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment