Sunday, December 5, 2010

Summary Post C4K#8- #11 and Special C4K Post

C4K#8 Alex


Alex is a 1st grader who drew a picture of what he was dressing up for for Halloween. It was a picture of Optimist Prime. I responded with this :


Hey Alex!
My name is Gaillard and I am in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at The University of South Alabama. I really like your Optimist Prime picture. I bet you looked just like him. I was a pink power ranger when I was your age. I hope you had a great Halloween! Keep up the good work.


C4K#9 Nikita




Nikita is a 7th grader. Her blog post was a response to a book called The Otherworldlies by Jennifer Anne Kogler. I responded with this:


Nikita,

My name is Gaillard and I am in Dr.Strange's EDM 310 class at The Univeristy of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I really enjoyed reading your blog post. You did a great book review. I also like how you related to the main character in the book. You seem like a very smart and intelligent girl with a good head on your shoulders. Stay true to yourself. With that said, I really did enjoy reading this book review. I may just have to check that book out myself! Keep up the good work!


She then responded by saying:


Thanks :) I really try to do my best in these response journals!
Again thank you for those inspirational words
– Nikita –


C4K#10 RWill  


RWill is a 3rd grade student. His blog post was about he was learning about mnemonics. He came up with two mnemonics. This was my response:


Hi!

My name is Gaillard Broughton and I am in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at The University of South Alabama. I think mnemonics are really cool! You came up with some good ones. In one of my college math classes, we looked up mnemonics to remember the digits of pi up to 10 decimal places. Mnemonics is a great learning technique. Keep up the great work!

C4K#11 Knudtson


This is a 2nd grader. This student talked about how his/her's class Skyped with another class and what they learned about each other. This was my response:




Hi! My name is Gaillard and I am in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at The University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I really enjoyed reading your blog post! I think Skype is such a cool way to communicate with people. I just started using it about a year ago and I love you. I think it is so cool that your class got to Skype with another class and find out information about one another! Keep up the great work!


Special C4K Yasmine


Yasmine wrote about how much she loves horses. She talked about how she rode an Anglo- Arab horse in Tunisia. This was my response:

Hey Yasmine,


My name is Gaillard Broughton and I am in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at The University of South Alabama. I am so glad you enjoyed your trip. I love horses. I always wanted one when I was little, but I never got one. My great-uncle had tons of Tennessee Walker horses. They were show horses, not riding horses. I have been reading your blog and I have really enjoyed it. Keep up the great work!


 picture of kids jumping


No comments:

Post a Comment