Thursday, October 14, 2010

Additional Assignment # 2

The following questions are about the video, "How Kids Teach Themselves." This video was really cool and interesting.
1.. What do you think? If learners are motivated, can they teach themselves?
I definitely believe that if learners are motivated then they can teach themselves.


2. If those motivated learners are kids, can they teach themselves?
Yes. I believe if children have the proper guidance and have motivation to learn, then they will be able to teach themselves. Just like in the video, the kids taught themselves because they wanted to learn! They were interested.
3. What conditions are necessary for kids to teach themselves? For anyone to teach him or herself?
Teachers need to be able to step back, watch and let the kids learn and teach themselves. Step back and let the kids experiment on their own. Also, there needs to be materials available. Like in the video, a computer was put in a small community and people became curious and started playing on it

4. What role do computers and internet access play in the process?
I believe computers and the internet play a very important role. Computers and the internet play a huge role in learning. Computers and the interent make is easier for people to learn on their own.

5. What role does motivation, a desire to learn?
You will learn something if you want to learn it. If you are motivated and have a desire to learn then you will.

6. What roles do a problem, a question or multiple problems or questions play in the process?
I believe if you are teaching yourself, and you have a question, you have to do research and try to figure out the answer yourself.

7. How do you motivate someone to learn?
I believe that you can motivate students so many ways. Simply place something in front of them and see what happens. In this video, kids were interested and curious about the computer. Therefore, they were motivated to try it out and learn.

8. How are you motivated to learn?
I am motivated to learn a lot by my teachers and my classmates. I also like compliments and positive feedback. If a classmate or teacher tells me that I did a good job on something, then that motivates me!

9. Can anyone who is not motivated to learn learn?
I think it depends. I believe that teachers play a part in motivating their students. I also believe firmly that if you are motivated than you will learn because you want to.
10. Do you teach yourself? When? Why?
I teach myself sometimes when I am by myself. When I do not have a teacher or classmate right there to ask then I beginning researching and teaching myself on my own.

11. What role does a teacher (either answer generally or use a specific example) play in your learning?
They play an important part, but I think teachers should be more there for guidance.
12. What is the most important idea, question or emotional response you take away with you as a result of watching this video?
That people can learn on their own. I believe that as a future teacher, I need to step back and let my students experiement. Students also learn from their classmates, so I believe that working alone or with a classmate is actually more beneficial then a teacher just teaching it all to you.
13. What other questions or issues are raised by this video that should be considered and discussed by aspiring teachers?

I think that the video shows that the internet is such a good resource in the classroom. I believe that teachers lecturing all the time will be obselete in the future.
a picture of students playing on a computer

No comments:

Post a Comment